Saturday, October 2, 2010

Modern Religious Experience: Reflection #4: Buddhist Meditation

Modern Religious Experience: Reflection #4: Buddhist Meditation: "Spend 20 mintues in a silent meditation; a place you won't be disturbed, your own 'fig tree' as was Buddha's inspiration. In those 20 mintue..."

My meditation spot is outside on my trampoline. While I was out there meditating, I was able to empty my mind and achieve a “right mindfulness” for only about a moment before my mind quickly began to wonder onto other things, such as how tired i was, or how much work that I had to do this weekend or a song that was stuck in my head at that particular moment. I was also easily distracted by the noises around me. Upon much frustration, I moved inside to my bedroom to see if i could do any better in there. I lied on top of my bed, and realized I was able to concentrate much better although it wasn’t long before I dozed off into a deep sleep. So in conclusion, my meditation failed ( mostly because I was too exhausted to concentrate on emptying my thoughts) and I wasn’t able to seek any of life’s truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment